Ilhaam, working with seven Rotherham mosques, has brought the Muslim community together to begin collecting urgently needed food. An appeal was made by the mosques for the community to bring in food at next Friday’s prayers. Ilhaam will then collect and hand over ALL food donations to Mexborough Foodbank.
Why Are We Doing This?
Mexborough Foodbank has had, and is still experiencing increased demands on their services by families that are having difficulties putting food on the table. This can be for a variety of reasons.
Such is the demand that food stocks are low. With winter on the horizon it is anticipated that demand will only increase.
How Can You Help?
Please take tinned / dried foods to your local mosque for Friday prayers on 14th September.
drop off locations;
– Jamia Masjid Abu Bakr, Russell Street, Eastwood
– Masjid-e-Uthman, Milton Road, Eastwood
– Markaz-ul-Uloom Al-Islamia, RIdge Road, Eastwood
– Markazi Jamia Masjid, Chapel Walk, Masborough
– Jamiah Masjid Anwar-e-Mustafa, College Road, Masborough
– Jamia Masjid, Tooker Road, Wellgate
– Raza-e-Mustafa Masjid, Broom Lane, Broom
Example of Foods Required
Whilst every contribution is graciously received, it is important that we collect food items that are easily transported, stored and eventually handed out to the needy families of Mexborough.
Here is a list of recommended foods;
- Tinned fruit
- Tinned fish
- Tinned veg
- Tinned rice pudding
- Tinned meats
- Rice (not cooked)
- Cartons of custard
- Teabags / coffee
- UHT milk (not fresh milk as it goes off)
PLEASE NOTE WE ARE NOT TAKING CASH DONATIONS!