Welcome to Ilhaam
Welcome to Ilhaam. Thank you for visiting our site!
Ilhaam came into existence on 6th February 2018. It followed an event, The Ottomans: Historical Lessons for Modern Times, hosted by RZG (Rotherham Zikr Group) at Sheffield Hallam University.
The essence of the event was to learn from the ‘best’ that Islamic history has post the time of the Prophet Muhammad, pbuh (peace and blessings be upon him) and the first generations of Muslims.
There is much that can be learnt from the Ottoman times. The event focused on how the Ottomans successfully engaged non-Muslims for centuries. For me personally, the key lessons were;
- That everything the Ottomans did was based on the love of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)
- The Ottomans values and beliefs were fair and consistent amongst all communities
- The Ottomans consistently practised what they preached – and didn’t wait for someone else to come along and ‘do’ things for them
During the event several things were proposed that have now become the organisations aims – to;
- Raise the profile of community projects inspired by Shaykh Muhammad Adil ar-Rabbani
- Undertake collective and synchronised projects that engage ALL communities – under the ilhaam banner
- Capture and share best practice from communities across the country
- Be ACTIVE in our communities
- Learn by DOING
- Engage our young people in our activities to ready them to take on leadership roles in the future
We pray that through the support and engagement of people like yourself we can grow and build something that will be a lasting testament to our efforts and energies and Muslims living in the UK and beyond!
Benefits of joining us
There are too many to list them all here. Here some of the key ones;
- Being part of a strong network of like minded individuals and groups. We are tolerant, loving and respectful Muslims, under the blessed gaze of our Shaykh Muhammad Adil ar-Rabbani.
- This forum is also for us to capture and share best practice. It can be really frustrating wanting to make a positive impact on our communities but not knowing where to start or what to do! There is some amazing work going on all around us – we want to capture, harness, learn from and share that experience. So if you’re reading this and thinking ‘I’ve done something amazing that is worth sharing’ get in touch and tell us about it. We’ll work together with you and create a short case study which we will post online so that everyone can benefit from your experience.
- Sometimes you can come across a challenging situation at home, work or in life in general. Anyone can post a dua (prayer) on our Prayer Wall and ask fellow brothers and sisters across the network to pray for you. Knowing that you have people praying for you can offer solace and peace in difficult times.
- Helping to raise the profile of community activities inspired by Shaykh Muhammad Adil ar-Rabbani. Ilhaam is keen to promote all the good work that is done by students of our beloved Shaykh out in our communities. Our ambition is for the wider Muslim and non-Muslim world to be able to access this site and ‘see’ just how active we all are and the amazing positive impact that we are making
There are a million and one things that you could do to support us. However, knowing that you lead busy lives, here a few things where you support would be greatly appreciated;
- We’d like you to get involved in Ilhaam: If you’re part of a group join our network. If you’re not part of a group i.e. it’s you and family / few friends then please start something amazing!
- Please share our link: We’re really young at this moment in time and whilst we are already beginning to grow we need your help to become BIGGER. Please share our social media links with your friends and family. By raising our profile we’ll be able to get more people involved in our community activities
- Please leave a pray for us: With your prayers and support we can make a real impact. Together we are stronger!
- BE ACTIVE: I’ve saved the most important for the end. Ultimately, our purpose ought to be to be active in our Muslim and non-Muslim communities. By being active we can dispel many myths surrounding Muslims and Islam. By being active we can get one step closer towards following in the footsteps of our Ottoman ancestors.
Final request – please, please share your experiences with us. We’d love to see some of the photos and video footage of your community activities?