Muslims to support a second time
Following on from our hugely successful first campaign the team at Ilhaam are delighted to be working again with the Muslim community to collect food for the needy families of Rotherham. Three months ago in September, Rotherham’s Muslim’s donated enough food to feed well over 50 families in Mexborough.
Ilhaam has been contacted by Sean Gibbons, MD of Food AWARE and Mexborough Foodbank Manager, to again help support over the end of year period.
There are two things where we need your support to:
- Donate food, and
- Help raise the profile of our campaign on social media (here’s a link to our facebook page: Ilhaam Connected Networks)
We will continue to work with Rotherham Mosques and have extended an invite to work with an additional two mosques based in Sheffield;
- Hanfia Masjid And Islamic Cultural Centre, Sheffield Road, Tinsley
- Medina Mosque, Wolsely Road Mosque
The mosques in Rotherham are;
- Jamia Masjid Abu Bakr, Russell Street, Eastwood
- Markaz-ul-Uloom Al-Islamia, Ridge Road, Eastwood
- Jamiah Masjid Anwar-e-Mustafa, College Road, Masborough
- Jamia Masjid, Tooker Road, Wellgate
- Raza-e-Mustafa Masjid, Broom Lane, Broom
- Markazi Jamia Masjid, Chapel Walk, Masborough
Please take tinned / dried foods to your local mosque (listed above) for Friday prayers on 14th December.
Whilst every contribution is graciously received, it is important that we collect food items that are easily transported, stored and eventually handed out to those that need it most.
Here is a list of recommended foods;
- Tinned fruit
- Tinned fish
- Tinned veg
- Tinned rice pudding
- Tinned meats
- Rice (not cooked)
- Cartons of custard
- Teabags / coffee
- UHT milk (not fresh milk as it goes off)
PLEASE NOTE WE ARE NOT TAKING CASH DONATIONS!
Why Are We Doing This?
Mexborough Foodbank has had, and is still experiencing increased demands on their services by families that are having difficulties putting food on the table. This is for a variety of reasons.
With winter now upon is every meal donated will be graciously received.